Saturday, April 28, 2012

Can I Stand Content- Alone?

Saved...Can  I be content?
When, in all I do, I stand alone?
No! For others I lament
Who've fallen away or never known ...
The sweet savor of mercy
The promise of much to come
The answers to  life's searching
The stirring of the bosom

I stand as but one and wait
With the Lord's help, I search
Who is struggling as of late?
And is longing for church?
For a light at the end of the road
For peace and rest from the storm
For a lightening of their load
Who is searching for the Lord?
 

 

Joseph Smith - Building the Kingdom of God - Quotes

josephsmith.net/josephsmith/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid...vgnextfmt...Cached

A man filled with the love of God, is not content with blessing his family alone, but ranges through the whole world, anxious to bless the whole human race. This has been your [the Twelve ... Joseph Comes to Know God · The Book of Mormon ...

Pondering conference- I was left with this overwhelming weight of what now lays undone- those who've fallen away.  Heavenly Father's daughters....sons 


I am a bit of a goof ball.  Not someone other's listen to for life's answers or advice.  Does anyone else feel this way?  Then, at our Ward Conference the Bishop said he had a perfect family- perfect for him.  He stands alone- with siblings, parents, and family members all struggling and at this time not enjoying the fulness of the gospel.   He stands alone and every once in a while, one, here and there comes close to searching, almost.... and he waits...with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment